For discounted pricing, please use http://canyonsresort.com/opened13 to reserve your rooms for OpenEd13.
The 2013 conference venue is once again The Canyons resort in Park City, Utah.
About the Park City Area
Long before Park City became a world class mountain resort and venue for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, it was famous as a silver mining town, and boasts a lively and colorful past. Founded by prospectors in the late 1860′s, Park City continued to mine silver until the early 1970′s. The mining company, Park City Consolidated Mines, started the ski business in 1963, when they built the first lifts on what was then called Treasure Mountain. The Park City area now has three world class resorts: Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort, and the Canyons Resort. Learn more at http://parkcity.org/.
For Park City Restaurant Information, visit http://www.visitparkcity.com/visitors/restaurants/.
For Park City Transportation Options, visit http://www.visitparkcity.com/visitors/transportation/shuttles-buses-and-taxis/
Traveling to The Canyons
Here’s a bigger map. And for those of you who prefer prose:
- From the airport take I-80 East through Salt Lake City. ( I-80 merges with I-15 )
- You will now follow I-80 East for about 15 – 20 minutes and take Exit #145 Kimball Junction / Park City.
- This exit is the main road that enters Park City and Canyons. You will be on SR-224.
- Follow 224 for two miles from the exit and take a right at the stop light on to Canyons Resort Drive.
- Continue a short distance up to Canyons.
- Follow Canyons Resort Drive to your destination.
Guest parking at the Grand Summit will be $16/day. Guest parking for other buildings is complementary.
The conference will provide a looping shuttle to and from the Park City Main Street area on Wednesday evening only. Guests can board as early as 5:15 at the Grand Summit Building. The final pick up from Park City’s Main Street area will be 11:15.